Fiberglass Filter For Steel is weaved by high silica fiberglass yarn and coated with special refractory coating.
Made from specially treated silica yarns, the thick type silica mesh filters are capable of withstanding pouring temperature up to 1620℃.
It can effectively remove slag, refractory particles and non-metallic inclusions from molten metals.
Silica fiberglass filter mesh are ideal for in-mold filtration of gray, malleable, white, compacted graphite and ductile cast irons, as well as non-ferrous aluminum and copper-based metal alloys and many types of small scale steel casting filtration.
Besides the function of molten metal filters, it could be also used for riser knock-off or de-gating knock-off. Investment casters have also placed the perform cup shape filters in the wax mold gating systerm to filter metal at pattern entry. Contact us to get more details.
|High Silica Fiberglass filtration mesh for Steel & Iron
|Continuous Working Hours
High Silica Fiberglass Fabric Filter Mesh Key Points of Usage
1. Use area of filter net: F1 = F2 / AxB
● F1: the cross-sectional area of the casting system.
● F2: the original cross-sectional area of the casting system.
● A: the porosity of the filter screen, generally 50-60%.
● B: the filtration rate of filter screen, generally 60-80%.
Therefore, the cross-sectional area of the casting system is generally 2-4 times that of the casting system without the casting net.
2. Position of filter screen:
● Place the filter under the sprue cup;
● Placed on the parting surface under the sprue;
● Three different positions on the lap surface of the runner.
● Cost effective and easy to use, easy fit existing pattern equipment
● Eliminates inclusions created by ceramic chips
● Improves metal fluidity and distribution, reduce turbulence
● Removes micron sized inclusions and impurities
● Minimize gating system to reduce cost
● No need for pre‐Heat, non‐chilling
● Unique function as riser or gating parts knock‐off removal
1.What is high silica fiberglass filter mesh?
High silica fiberglass filter mesh is a high temperature resistant inorganic fiber material. It removes impurities from molten metal. If you need to do small castings, choosing a high-silica glass fiber filter can fully meet your needs.
2.Can high silica fiberglass filter mesh withstand high temperatures?
The high-silica glass fiber filter can work continuously at a temperature of 1000 °C and short-term temperature resistance of 1400 °C. It is an excellent inorganic material with high-temperature resistance, heat insulation, and heat preservation.
3.How is high silica fiberglass filter mesh made?
The high silica glass fiber filter mesh is a filter mesh woven with high-silica glass fiber. The surface of the high silica glass fiber filter mesh is coated with a high-temperature resistant coating. Finally, a filter mesh with a certain rigidity is produced.
4.How to use high silica fiberglass filter mesh?
The high silica fiberglass filter mesh can be used to filter and purify impurities in metal smelting and casting.
If you are interested in the Fiberglass Filter For Steel, welcome to contact us.
Filtration of Molten Steel
Copper and Aluminium
New patented product "smokeless and odorless filter mesh" will gradually replaces similar products to removal of non-metallic inclusion in metal melt is of great technical and economic value to improve the yield of castings and the quality of castings.
Look forward to hearing from you: