SIC (silicon carbide) ceramic foam filters are developed and manufactured for the filtration of cast iron and non ferrous alloys.
As the most advanced filter type with the higher filtration efficiency, It can effectively reduce inclusions and turbulence of molten metal, ensuring purified molten metal goes into the mould cavity with improved flow rates.
Silicon carbide are suitable for the casting of all copper alloys and cast iron because of its high strength, resistance to high temperature impact force and chemical corrosion and operating temperature 1530°C.
SIC Ceramic foam filters can significantly improve the quality of cast iron parts and reduce the rejection rate. They can also be used in continuous casting and rolling processes and can be manufactured to different sizes and thicknesses depending on the runner and pouring weight.
Features of SIC ceramic foam filter
As a new type of inorganic non-metallic filtration material for internal structure, silicon carbide ceramic foam filter has the advantages of light weight, high strength, high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, simple regeneration, long service life, and good filtration adsorption.
Silicon carbide ceramic foam filter can be compacted by sanctuary under normal pressure. It can be compacted without high pressure and inert atmosphere, reducing the production cost of the enterprise.
Adding a proper sintering assistant will reduce the sintering temperature of SIC ceramic foam filter. When sintering, it can reduce the oxidation of silicon carbide on the surface of foam and improve the overall performance of foam ceramics.
Silicon carbide ceramic foam filter is not easily corroded by acid -base when filtering, and does not pollute the filtered metal liquid. It can be reused after use, which does not reduce filtration efficiency and greatly reduce corporate costs.
SIC ceramic foam filter is mainly used for filtering of aluminum and aluminum alloy in the casting plant and casting plant.
With its excellent anti -melting aluminum erosion and corrosion capabilities, they can effectively remove mixed objects, reduce retention gas, and provide layer flow. The filtered metal is obviously cleaner. Clean metals will bring higher-quality castings, less waste and fewer miscellaneous defects, which will help improve profits.
SIC (silicon carbide) ceramic foam filters with Paper Gasket
|Type||SIC ceramic foam filter for iron|
|PPI||8/10/15/20/25/30PPI(PPI=pores per inch)|
|Compressive strength||≥1.0Mpa(Room temperature)|
|Thermal Shock Resistance||1200℃---room temperature 6 times|
|REACH & RoHS|
|Spec./mm||Max.filter capacity/Kg||Normal flow of metal liquid Kg/s|
|Ductile Iron||Grey Cast Iron||Ductile Iron||Grey Cast Iron|
● SIC Ceramic foam filters can significantly improve the quality of cast iron parts and reduce the rejection rate. They can also be used in continuous casting and rolling processes and can be manufactured to different sizes and thicknesses depending on the runner and pouring weight.
● It can effectively remove oxidized inclusions and other non-metallic inclusions by blocking and capturing adsorption of molten copper or molten iron using three-dimensional structure. No matter gray iron, ductile iron, shaft body, cylinder block or complex large pieces, hardware parts after filtering, the quality will be very stable and satisfactory results.
● It is also suitable for copper, bronze, brass and other copper alloys, reduce the turbulence of copper liquid and purify the molten copper liquid. What is especially valuable is that the life of copper castings purified by filtration is significantly prolonged in high requirements or harsh environment such as Marine turbine and chemical parts, and it also has good effect on the cast copper parts with surface polishing requirements.
● It also plays an important role in the traditional copper industry, electrical and electronic copper industry and continuous casting and rolling technology. Since copper and its alloys, including zinc alloys, have greater specific gravity and produce greater thermal shock during pouring, the use of silicon carbide foam ceramic filters in the copper casting process generally has strict size requirements.
Three most important key points that make our quality always best are:
● The most advanced testing equipment and technology are adopted today in Hebei Cangchen to ensure the consistant filters quality.
● There is a quality inspection team with rich experience and technology to keep best quality in our quality control department.
● Thanks to many years of product export and feedback information from domestic and foreign customers, we have accumulated considerable experience and expertise in quality control and improvement.
All dimensions can be customized according to clients' requirements!
Filtration of Molten Steel and Alloy
Large Scale Iron Casting
All copper alloys and cast iron
Look forward to hearing from you: